Thursday, February 6, 2014

Update

It has been 12 days since surgery to remove the other ovary and tube and the night we started chemotherapy treatments.  Evie is doing incredibly well.  She is up playing, even when I think she should quiet it down...reading, coloring and playing her tablet (given by the local dentist and staff, Riverside Dental).  At first look you would not know she was battling cancer.  Her hair is thinning and her counts are down.  Her red blood cells and platelets are at the low end of normal.  Her white blood cell are low and that means that she can get sick easier.  So needless to say a lot of Clorox wiping!
I would like to thank you all for being Evie's Angels.  I've thought often of how she has been our angel also.  She has inspired us, strengthened us, brought together family, friends and communities.  I know prayers are heard and answered.  It has been said that our prayers are usually answered by someone else coming to our aid.
I know that so many have come to James and I's families aid in a time of great need.  But just maybe Evie's story has come to your aid in a time of need....I pray it is so. 
She is my strength, my love, my daughter, my tears and my hope.  Clancy, Anna, Holt, Kristi and Gary are my angels, my answers, my love and my life also.  James is the love of my life and my best friend.  I love my family with what the scriptures describe as Charity.  Charity is the PURE love of Christ.  And Charity never faileth.
Taken the day before finding the tumor*

No comments:

Post a Comment